Former NFL running back Rod Smart has been found safe after going missing for the last six days, according to Lancaster County police in South Carolina.

Smart, who earned notoriety when he wore "He Hate Me" on the back of his XFL jersey in 2001, "has been located and he is safe at this time," the Lancaster County Sheriff's Office posted on its Facebook page Tuesday night.

Earlier in the day police had asked the public for help in finding Smart after he did not get in touch with anyone and hadn't been seen in six days.

The 42-year-old Smart played for the Eagles and Panthers during his five-year NFL career.

Panthers sign second-round pick Little

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Panthers have signed second-round draft pick Greg Little to a four-year contact.

The 6-foot-5, 310-pound Little has the inside track to be the team's starting left tackle this season.

He was selected by Carolina with the 37th overall pick out of Mississippi after being chosen to the All-SEC first team. He anchored an offensive line that finished the season ranked fifth in the country in yards passing per game (346.4).

Little allowed 26 total pressures and three sacks in 993 pass-blocking snaps over his final two seasons, according to Pro Football Focus.

Grizzlies trade Conley to Jazz

The Memphis Grizzlies traded away the final piece of the franchise's best years on Wednesday, sending veteran point guard Mike Conley to the Utah Jazz for a trio of players, a person familiar with the deal told The Associated Press.

The Grizzlies swapped Conley for forward Jae Crowder, guard/forward Kyle Korver and guard Grayson Allen, said the person, who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because neither Memphis nor Utah has announced the trade, which cannot be completed until the new league year starts on July 6.

Conley confirmed the trade on Twitter, thanking Memphis for making him the man he is and being his home.

Neymar loses appeal against 3-game ban

NYON, Switzerland — UEFA has rejected an appeal by Paris Saint-Germain against Neymar's three-match Champions League ban in a case that can now go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

UEFA says its appeals panel confirmed the ban on Neymar for "insulting match officials" after PSG was eliminated by Manchester United in March.

After the match, Neymar published profane comments about video review officials who helped give United a stoppage-time penalty in the 3-1 victory.

Neymar, who was injured and did not play, said the video assistant referees "do not understand football."

The UEFA ruling means Neymar will miss half of the six Champions League group games next season.

Spain coach Enrique stepping down

MADRID — The Spanish national team will be in the hands of inexperienced coach Robert Moreno after Luis Enrique said Wednesday he was stepping down because of an undisclosed family issue that had kept him away from the team for months.

Luis Enrique said in a statement published by the federation that "due to reasons that have impeded me from carrying out the normal tasks as the national team coach since March, today I have decided to step down."

Moreno has been in charge of running of the team since Luis Enrique had to step away for what the federation said were "family reasons."

Since then, Luis Enrique had continued working remotely from his home in Barcelona, receiving video feeds of practices and talking to Moreno and his other assistants.

NHL draft headed back to Montreal

MONTREAL — The NHL draft is returning to Montreal for the 27th time and first since 2009.

The NHL on Wednesday announced the Canadiens will host next year's draft, which will be held June 26-27. The announcement was made as the league holds its annual awards ceremonies in Las Vegas, and prepares to hold the draft in Vancouver, British Columbia, on Friday and Saturday.

Montreal hosted the first 22 drafts starting in 1963 before it was held in Toronto in 1985. Though Montreal also hosted the draft in 1986, '88 and '92, the NHL then began shifting the event's location to make it more accessible to its fans.

Ducks buy out contract of ex-MVP Perry

The Anaheim Ducks have bought out the contract of former NHL MVP Corey Perry after 14 seasons with the franchise.

The Ducks announced the move Wednesday, with general manager Bob Murray calling it "one of the most difficult decisions I've had to make in my 44 years in the NHL."

Perry has spent his entire career with the Ducks, and he is the franchise leader with 988 games played — four more than Anaheim captain Ryan Getzlaf, his teammate and frequent linemate throughout their intertwined careers. The Ducks' decision to part ways with Perry while keeping Getzlaf ends one of the most durable partnerships in recent hockey history.

Perry had two seasons left on his contract with an annual salary cap hit of $8.625 million, but his scoring production has declined in recent seasons while Getzlaf is still going strong.

Tennis player denies match fix report

LONDON — Tennis player Feliciano López has denied any wrongdoing after being linked by Spanish media to a doubles match at Wimbledon in 2017 that was allegedly fixed.

López said on Wednesday at the Queen's Club tournament in London that "I feel it is extremely important to come to you and absolutely deny any link with the events described in relations to the allegations of match fixing."

Spanish online newspaper El Confidencial reported earlier this week that a match played by Feliciano López and doubles partner Marc López at Wimbledon two years ago had been mentioned in a phone conversation by a former soccer player who is being investigated as part of a match-fixing probe in Spanish soccer.

According to El Confidencial, Carlos Aranda said that he knew the Lopez pair would lose a certain match, which they did. The report does not say that the tennis players were involved or that they threw the match.

Del Potro in doubt for Wimbledon

LONDON — Juan Martin del Potro could be in doubt for Wimbledon after withdrawing from the Queen's Club grass-court event because of a right knee injury on Wednesday.

The 12th-ranked Del Potro beat Denis Shapovalov 7-5, 6-4 in the first round but finished the match with pain and swelling in his right knee after slipping near the net in the eighth game of the second set.

The Argentine player underwent tests after the match, with organizers later confirming his withdrawal.

Wimbledon starts on July 1.