The Pelzer man charged in connection with the wreck that killed Trinity Harrison was given a bond Friday after a judge heard allegations that he was under the influence of drugs and alcohol leading up to the wreck, according to news outlets.

Carter Owen, 27, was charged with felony DUI following the April 6 head-on wreck on U.S. 25 in Greenville County that killed Harrison. Harrison, 18, had attended prom earlier that night and was headed home when at 11:35 p.m. Owen’s 1999 Volkswagen crossed the centerline about 15 miles south of Greenville and hit the 2013 Dodge Harrison was in.

Harrison later died at Greenville Memorial Hospital, while Owen and the driver of the Dodge were treated for their injuries. Owen was released from the hospital Tuesday and booked at the Greenville County jail.

On Friday, Circuit Judge Perry Gravely set a $25,000 surety bond for Owen and required him to wear a hip-mounted GPS monitoring device, according to staff at the 13th Circuit Solicitor’s Office. He was also required to wear an alcohol monitoring device and have no contact with Harrison or the other driver’s families.

At the Friday hearing, Owen’s attorney, Randall Chambers, said Owen has no memory of the wreck, according to the Greenville News — Owen learned about the wreck when he awoke after it occurred.

Assistant Solicitor Sylvia Harrison said blood and urine samples taken four hours after the wreck showed Owen had a blood alcohol content of 0.17% and had methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana in his system, the Greenville News reported.

On May 28, a seat was left open for Harrison on the Ware Shoals High School football field, where her fellow classmates gathered for graduation. To get to their seats, each of them had to walk past a portrait of Harrison, along with a quilt she made as she learned to sew for her senior project.

Students lamented the loss of their “Forever prom queen,” and district staff presented her parents their daughter’s degree and a bouquet of flowers in a gesture of remembrance.

“I’m glad I’m here to accept it, but at the same time I wish she was here,” said her mother, Tonya Hurley. “She was waiting for this day. She really was.”