Frank J. Wideman III, President of The Self Family Foundation, announced the following grants awarded at their December 2019 board meeting:
- United Way of Greenwood and Abbeville counties — $13,025 grant to support the Greenwood Counts Data Platform.
- Carolina Health Centers, Inc. — $32,500 grant to support the Healthy Steps program.
- Greenwood Performing Arts — $5,700 grant to assist with the costs of their 2019-2020 outreach programs.
- Next Level Lifestyles — $5,000 grant for general operations and youth programs.
- Phoenix Community Association — $17,000 grant to assist with renovation of the Phoenix School Auditorium.
- Greenwood Genetic Center – $200,000 matching grant to support the Genomic Sequencing Core.
The Self Family Foundation’s primary areas of emphasis are education, community wellness, and arts, culture & history. The Foundation’s chief geographic area of interest is Greenwood County, South Carolina.
Trustees are J. C. (Jay) Self, III (Chairman), Mat Self, Sally Self, M.D., Bubba Self, Furman Self, Cade Brennan Jackson, Ginger Self Goldsmith, Laurie Self Pulver, M.D., Mary Andrews Self Whittington, Matt Logan, M.D. and Lucas McMillan, Ph.D. The Self Family Foundation was incorporated in 1942 and to date has awarded over $70,000,000 in grants to improve the quality of life for the citizens of Greenwood and the State of South Carolina. For information including application guidelines and procedures, visit the Foundation’s website at www.selffoundation.org.