The members of the class of 2021 who join the thousands of alumni proudly wearing The Citadel ring include:
- John Bley of Greenwood
- Thomas Campbell of Greenwood
- Seth Childress of Ware Shoals
- Warren Evans of Greenwood
- Marrik Kelley of Greenwood
- Nicholas Long of Greenwood
- Grant Mays of Prosperity
- Samuel Ouzts of Greenwood
- William Peeler of Hodges
- Thomas Smithdeal of Greenwood
The seniors of the class of 2021 were celebrated with a traditional ring-presentation ceremony Sept. 25 in McAlister Field House, attended by the South Carolina Corps of Cadets, Veteran and Active Duty students.
Attendance was restricted to only ring-eligible seniors because of the need for social distancing to reduce the spread of COVID-19, but the event included the same rich traditions that recipients anticipated for this milestone.
Brown named to dean’s list
Christopher Brown of Greenwood been named to Sherman College of Chiropractic’s dean’s list for grades earned during the summer 2020 academic quarter. Dean’s list students have achieved a GPA of at least 3.5 for the quarter.
Hobbs inducted into honor society
Sarah Hobbs of Greenwood was initiated into The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, the nation’s oldest and most selective all-discipline collegiate honor society. Hobbs was initiated at Mississippi State University.
Hobbs is among approximately 30,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni to be initiated into Phi Kappa Phi each year. Membership is by invitation only and requires nomination and approval by a chapter. Only the top 10% of seniors and 7.5% of juniors are eligible for membership. Graduate students in the top 10 percent of the number of candidates for graduate degrees may also qualify, as do faculty, professional staff and alumni who have achieved scholarly distinction.
Harris receives scholarship
Demetrius Harris from Abbeville was accepted into Culver-Stockton College's incoming class for the fall 2021 semester.
Harris, a senior at Abbeville High School, also was awarded the Hilltop Scholarship, a $10,500 per year scholarship for four years. This scholarship is awarded based upon academic credentials and is renewable provided the student remains in good academic standing.
Belmont dean's list
The following students achieved the dean's list at Belmont University for the fall 2020 semester. Eligibility is based on a minimum course load of 12 hours and a GPA of 3.5 with no grade below a C:
- Jeffrey Davis of Honea Path
- Jade Hollister of Greenwood
About 55% of Belmont's students this semester qualified for the fall 2020 dean's list.
Spartanburg Methodist dean's list
Mark Gibbs, provost and executive vice president for Academic Affairs, is pleased to announce the students included on the dean's list for grades earned during the fall 2020 academic semester. Dean's list students have achieved a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Hunter Ray Allison of Honea Path
- Westin P Brock of Honea Path
- Dantravious O Hill of Abbeville
- Makya T Lott of Saluda
- Walter Townsend Thomas of Greenwood
Bob Jones president's list
The following students are among about 600 Bob Jones University students named to the president's list for high academic achievement during the fall 2020 semester.
To qualify for the president's list, students must earn a 3.75 or higher GPA for the semester.
- Daniel Moats is a Senior Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from Greenwood.
- Rachel Sellew is a Senior Studio Art from Hodges.
- Brittany Shirley is a Junior Premed/Predent from Greenwood.
College of Charleston grads
The following local students recently graduated from the College of Charleston:
- Michael Hicks of Greenwood graduated with a Master of Arts degree in History .
- Latasha Judd of Greenwood graduated with a Bachelor of General Studies degree in General Studies.
Moore earns M.Ed. from Concordia
Devage Moore of Greenwood earned a Master of Education degree from Concordia University, Nebraska in the fall of 2020.
Undergraduates earning a degree from Concordia were eligible for distinction or high distinction honors. The top 10% of graduates with the highest GPA in their respective colleges were designated as graduating with high distinction. An additional 15% were designated as graduating with distinction.
Campbell offered scholarship
Austin Peay State University congratulates Kylie Campbell of Ninety Six on being offered the Provost Out-of-State Scholarship for high-achieving freshmen for the fall 2021 semester.
Out-of-state students meeting the criteria of a 3.0 GPA qualify for a Provost Out-of-State Scholarship.
Anderson University dean's list
Despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the following students were named to the dean's list at Anderson University for the fall 2020 semester. In order to be named to the dean's list, a student must maintain a 3.5 GPA or higher for the semester.
Anderson University congratulates these students for this incredible accomplishment amid unprecedented challenges.
- Samantha Brooks
- Franklin Osborne
- John Osborne
- Thomas Hellams
- Kaitlin Threatt
- Catherine Wiggins
- Paul Patrick
- Cristian Thompson
- Michael Boggs
- Jake Brandt
- Callaham Brock
- Caroline Cormeny
- Jo Darby
- Trinity Fulmer
- Tiara Higgins
- Savannah Huskey
- Anna McQuown
- Nathan Pettit
- Shelby-Anne Scruggs
- Connor Witt
- Lyles Yarochowicz
- Hodges, SC
- Matthew Hegler
- Mary Malone
- Johnston, SC
- Yvonne Massey
- Elizabeth Madden
- Landon Graber
- Gabriel Lindner
- John Avery
- Sydney Thompson
- Helen Smith
- Brandy Rodriguez
Coastal Carolina dean's list
About 2,330 undergraduate students at Coastal Carolina University were named to the dean's list for the fall 2020 semester. That's nearly a quarter of the student body with a GPA between 3.5-3.99 for the fall semester. An additional 930 students were named to the president's list for achieving a 4.0 GPA during the fall semester.
Among the students earning recognition on the dean's list are:
- Savannah Burdette a Engineering Science major from Honea Path
- Kameron Burton a Exercise and Sport Science major from Honea Path
- HIvie Gray a Graphic Design major from Due West
- Rachel Hamilton a Recreation and Sport Management major from Greenwood
- Zaire Jenkins a Sociology major from McCormick
- Bryson Price a Sociology major from Hodges
- Da'Vidria Robinson a Early Childhood Educ Pre-Major major from Greenwood
- Abbey Seigler a Biology major from Plum Branch
- Noah Zeis a Hospitality, Resort, and Tourism Management Pre-Major major from Ninety Six