A fire gutted the inside of Huddle House, 556 Bypass 72 NW, early Friday morning in Greenwood.
(SUBMITTED)
A fire gutted the inside of Huddle House, 556 Bypass 72 NW, early Friday morning in Greenwood. (SUBMITTED)
Fire raged early Friday morning at an area Huddle House, causing extensive damage to the interior of the 24-hour Greenwood eatery.
No one was injured during the blaze, which sparked about 5 a.m., fire officials said. Crews from the Hodges and Promised Land fire departments responded and assisted the Northwest Volunteer Fire Department in quickly extinguishing the flames. Northwest VFD Chief Chad Kellum said the blaze cause severe damage to the inside of the restaurant, but noted it was still standing.
Huddle House owner Jeff Long said the late-night café opened its doors at the location, 556 Bypass 72 NW, in 1997. He said he was awaiting assessments from insurers to determine his next course of action for the restaurant. Kellum said the fire appeared to have originated somewhere in the kitchen area. He noted there was no indication of foul play involved.